Last modified by: Inclusion Support -
How to fill a shift - Web
Heyo Shark people!
Here's the full guide to using the ShiftShark app to fill a shift. There are other quicker one-off guides elsewhere in this section if you have a specific question but if you want a view on the quick process of filling a shift here's the place to start!
Please note if you need to create a shift (Insert a shift that wasn't scheduled already) check out this guide here.
To see the mobile version of this article click here.
1. Click the Change a Shift Button.
2. Choose the team member who is currently scheduled to work the shift you need to change. Click their name.
3. You'll then see a list of shifts they are scheduled to work. Click the shift you need to change/fill.
Now that you have found and chosen the shift you need to fill, it's time to build your call list
4. You'll see the shift details now. Press the Create Call List button.
5. You will see a list of all employees available to work (Not scheduled elsewhere in the organization for that shift time) Click the employees you wish to contact about filling the shift.
6. When you have selected all employees you wish to contact click the Send Requests button at the bottom of the page. Note that once you touch this button you cannot undo the sending of the phone calls or texts offering the shift to your list. You can however cancel the shift. Click here to learn how.
Now that the call is out you wait for responses from the employees on your call list who will receive an automated text or call (based on their personal settings) offering them the shift. You can return to the home screen while you wait to send another request if desired.
7. Watch as the responses come in real time.
8. Click an employee who has accepted that you would like to award the shift to.
9. Click the assign shift button.
10. Click the OK button to head back to the home screen.
And that's it! That's all there is to adding a shift. Please feel free to contact the Includables with any other questions you have about the process.