Last modified by: Inclusion Support -
How to fill a shift - Mobile
Heyo Shark people!
Here's the full guide to using the ShiftShark app to fill a shift.
Please note if you need to create a shift (Insert a shift that wasn't scheduled already) check out this guide here.
To see the desktop version of this article click here
1. Press the Change a Shift button
2. Choose the team member who is currently scheduled to work the shift you need to change. Touch their name
3. You'll then see a list of shifts they are scheduled to work. Touch the shift you need to change/fill. If needed you can change the start or end time for the shift prior to sending out the request
4. You'll see the shift details now. Press the Create Call List button.
Now that you have found and chosen the shift you need to fill, it's time to build your call list.
5. You will see a list of all employees available to work (Not scheduled elsewhere in the organization for that shift time). Below their name it will list when they are scheduled to work before or after the shift you are trying to fill, and the number of hours already schedule in this department and agency wide. Touch the employees you wish to contact about filling the shift.
6. When you have selected all employees you wish to contact touch the Submit Requests button. Note that once you touch this button you cannot undo the sending of the phone calls or texts offering the shift to your list. You can however cancel the shift. Click here to learn how.
Now that the call is out you wait for responses. The employees on your call list will receive an automated text or call (based on their personal settings) offering them the shift. You can return to the home screen while you wait to send another request.
7. Watch as the responses come in real time. The call time is shown at the top if you need to wait for certain period before assigning the shift.
8. Touch an employee who has accepted that you would like to award the shift to.
9. Touch the Assign Shift button, or Edit & Assign (if you need to change the start or end time).
10. Touch the Ok button to head back to the home screen. (Or touch the Call button to call the employee at their ShiftShark as designated number)
And that's it! That's all there is to filling an existing shift. I hope you guys found the guide helpful and please comment below with any further questions.