Last modified by: Inclusion Support -
How to create a shift - Web
This article is a full guide on creating and filling a new shift using ShiftShark. If you need to fill a pre-existing shift or a shift that already exists check out this article.
To see the mobile version of this article click here.
1. Press the Add a Shift button.
2. Set the date, start and end time of the shift you wish to create by clicking on the spaces and using the date and time selector. Once you have selected all this click Next.
3. If you have access to multiple departments set the department the shift you wish to create is for. Then click Next. If you only have access to one department you will skip this screen and automatically create a shift for your department.
4. Optional Step: Select a position for the shift. Then click Next.
Now that you have created the shift you need to fill, it's time to build your call list.
5. You will see a list of all employees available to work (Not scheduled elsewhere in the organization for that shift time). Below their name it will list when they are scheduled to work before or after the shift you are trying to fill, and the number of hours already schedule in this department and agency wide. Click the employees you wish to contact about filling the shift.
6. When you have selected all employees you wish to contact click the Submit Requests button at the bottom of the page. Note that once you click this button you cannot undo the sending of phone calls or texts offering the shift to your list. You can however cancel the shift. Click here to learn how.
Now that the call is out you wait for responses. The employees on your call list will receive an automated text or call (based on their personal settings) offering them the shift. You can stay on this page, or return to the main page during this process if you want to send another request at the same time.
7. Watch as the responses come in real time. The call time is shown at the top if you need to wait for certain period before assigning the shift.
8. Click an employee who has accepted that you would like to award the shift to.
9. Click the Assign Shift button, or Edit & Assign (if you need to change the start or end time).
10. Click the OK button to head back to the home screen.
And that's it! That's all there is to adding a shift. I hope you guys found the guide helpful and please comment below with any further questions.