Last modified by: Inclusion Support -
How do Recurring Shifts work
How do I Create a Recurring Shift?
1. Create a shift as you usually would (Double-clicking on an appropriate place in the schedule).
2. Click on the "Recurrence" tab and then start choosing the details of your recurring shift.
- In the top right corner you'll see the Recurrence start date. That's the date of the first shift in the recurrence. This date defaults to the date of the shift you have created.
- Below the Recurrence tab are the frequency settings. You can choose to have the shift repeat on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
When setting up a shift to repeat on a daily basis you have two options.
- You can set the shift up to repeat every day, every third day, every fourth day etc.
- You can set the shift up to repeat on every weekday- that is - every Monday to Friday.
When you set shifts up to repeat on a weekly basis you can set which days of the week the shift will repeat on and how often the shift will repeat. For example in the picture below the shift will repeat every Tuesday.
When setting a shift to repeat on a monthly basis you have two options.
- You can have the shift repeat monthly on an exact set date. For example every 27th of the month.
- You can have the shift repeat on a day: that is A Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. For example you could have the shift repeat on the second Tuesday of every month.
Both options allow you to set how often the shift repeats, that is whether the shift repeats every month, every other month, every third month etc.
3. For all types of recurrence, you will have to select the "Recurrence Range", where you have the option to pick the Start Date and End Date.
- Selecting the Start Date:
- Selecting the "End Date":
How do I Edit an Entire Series of Recurring Shifts?
1. Right click on a shift that is part of the recurring shift series you want to edit.
2. Hover your mouse over 'Edit' then click 'Edit this Series'.
3. In the Shift Editor window that appears click the button that says 'Edit' right below the Recurrence option. The Recurrence editor will appear.
4. Make the necessary edits to the recurrence and click 'Save'.
Remember *** Any shifts in the series that have not been approved in Time Approval will be adjusted accordingly. For example, if you are working in a FUTURE schedule and change the series, it will change BACKWARDS until the shifts are locked through Approval
How do I Edit One Shift that is Part of a Series?
Need to edit one pesky shift without wrecking the series? Here's how!
1. From your Schedule, right click on the shift you wish to edit.
2. Hover your mouse over 'Edit' then click on 'Edit this occurrence only'.
3. Your shift editor will open. Make the necessary adjustments to the shift then click 'Save' to save your changes.
You will notice that along with the recurrence icon, a recurrence override icon will also be visible on the shift to show it has been edited.
How do I Delete an Entire Series of Recurring Shifts?
- From your schedule right click a shift that is part of the series you wish to delete.
- Hover your mouse over Delete then click Delete the series.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click OK.
Note: Any shifts in the series that have not been approved in Time Approval will be deleted, however approved shifts cannot be deleted.
How do I Delete a Single Shift in a Series?
1. From your Schedule right-click the shift you wish to delete.
2. Hover your mouse over 'Delete' then click 'Delete only this occurrence'.
3. A confirmation window will appear. Click 'OK'.
Note that a shift that has been approved in Time Approval cannot be deleted.