Last modified by: Inclusion Support -
How do I set up an employee to use fingerprints to punch in?
You want to set up an employee to sign in with a fingerprint? Here's how!
1. At your clock press any button to get to the main screen.
2. From here press the M/<- button (Shown below) to get to the Administrator log in screen.
3. Use the number keys to enter the ID number of an Administrator. Once they are entered press the M/<- button in the bottom right of the keypad.
Need to set up a user as an administrator? Forgotten how? Don't worry here's the article on how to add administrator's to a clock.
4. Enter the Administrator password. Then press M/<-.
5. You'll be directed to a screen like this. Press M/<-.
6. Use the Arrow buttons to move the highlight box over the option Manage. Press M/<-.
7. You should now see a list of employees. Use the up and down arrow buttons to find the employee you wish to set up with a fingerprint. Press M/<- over their name.
Note that if you have a lot of employees it may be easier to find the employee in question by simply pressing their ID number. If you press any number key at this point the screen below will appear.
You can then enter the employee number of the employee you are working with and the clock will take you right to that employee profile.
Press M/<- to continue.
8. Use the up and down arrows buttons to move to the option Edit. Press M/<-.
9. You'll see a screen like below. Press M/<-.
10. Now you'll see a screen asking for a fingerprint. Have the employee put a finger in the green lighted area (Like below) and firmly press their finger down against the glass.
-Clean hands are actually not a good thing. Rub your fingers together a little bit before scanning your fingerprint.
-You have to put your finger in a little farther than you might think to get a good reading. You can feel a little divet in the back of the area, let the tip of your finger rest in this divet.
-Press down firmly and try to cover as much of the green glass as you can.
11. After the employee puts their finger in the clock will give a quality reading for the fingerprint. Insert the same finger two more times to complete the sign up.
With the quality score aim to get a 70 or above. If you don't get a 70 you can press the ESC button and then press M/<- to start the process over again.
12. After three readings the fingerprint is added. Press M/<- to add another fingerprint. Use a different finger this time.
And ta da! The fingerprint is added! Now this employee can punch in using only their fingertips!