Last modified by: Inclusion Support -
How do I schedule an employee shift?
To schedule an employee for a shift:
- If in Timeline view, double click on the day you want a shift in the row for the employee (In Calendar view double click on the day and then choose the employee)
- Set the shift start and end time. To schedule a shift that goes over midnight choose the End time date to be the following day
- Add a description for the shift if there is a specific task or activity needed
- Add a payroll note if there is something specific that payroll needs to consider about this shift (note this is not visible to the employee)
- Add a pay code allocation to change how the shift will be paid. See How to allocate a pay code
- Choose Save when complete
Note you can set the employee as Vacant to keep track of shifts you need to fill. They will not flow through to payroll until an employee is then assigned to it.
Step 1: Double click on the day
Step 2: Set the details about the shift in the Edit Shift window