Last modified by: Kevin Zimmer -
Accrual (Hours based on a Percentage)
Accruing vacation puts money aside for an employee to be paid while taking time off. In this article we will go over accruing vacation hours based on a percentage of hours worked.
Add the accrual payroll instruction
- Under the employee profile, click on the Payroll Instructions tab.
- Click Add Payroll Instruction either above or below the grid.
- From the drop down, select the Vacation Hours Accrued by Percent benefit.
The system default value is 4% of vacationable hours. If this is the correct amount, click Save to complete the setup.
If the employee's vacation percentage is different, click the Override Default Properties check box and change the value to the correct amount. i.e. 8 for four weeks a year.
Click Save to complete the accrual setup.
2. Pay out vacation
- Click on Add Payroll Instructions either above or below the grid.
- From the drop down, select and add the following payroll instruction:
If the employee is paid by salary, add Vacation Hours Taken (Salary).
If the employee is paid hourly, add Vacation Hours Taken (Hourly).
Click Save to complete the payout setup.